A checklist of things to bring in for tax preparation ensures accuracy and keeps the process going smoothly and quickly. Here’s a list of standard items most people need to bring in. If you have a more complex tax return, please contact with our office for a complete list of Federal and State Tax Return documents you need.
- 1099 forms
- Daycare expenses
- Mortgage interest
- Property taxes
- Medical & dental expenses
- Social security income
- Automobile license payments
- Miscellaneous income: jury duty, gambling winnings, Medical Savings Account, scholarships, etc.
- Records of home business expenses, home size/office size, home expenses
- Miscellaneous tax deductions: union dues; unreimbursed employee expenses (uniforms, supplies, seminars, continuing education, publications, travel, etc.)
- Charitable donations: cash amounts, official charity receipts, cancelled checks; value of donated property; miles driven and out-of-pocket expenses